I am helping my friend plan her wedding this November.
Because I love design (or was I temporarily high on sugar??), I volunteered to design her wedding invitations. Crazy me! I have never made any wedding invitations, only wedding programs (once!) but she is such a sweet girl (oh no, am delirious…did I just type those words?) and she accepted and even encouraged my efforts!
So I went on a search of templates and instructions on designing, editing and printing wedding invitations.
After lots of brainstorming, THE bride (Mrs. MSquare) and I came up with the following main criteria:
- Invitation theme to match Mrs MSquare’s wedding colors
- Template must be fun (did I mention that the bride-to-be is C-R-A-Z-Y?)
- Template must be balanced (the groom’s cool attitude is legendary)
- Simple design for easy printout
- It must include one of their lovebird pictures
I browsed multiple web links of wedding invitations and templates and below are the top 3 tips I found helpful in my quest to design Mrs. MSquare’s invitations:
- Offbeat Bride: lots of links to useful ideas for cards, invitations, decorations, etc.
- Download&Print: great selection of printing style and envelopes/papers
- Project wedding: DYI monograms etc.
On the next series on the “SissiWedding” category, I will post the designs and steps, as well as the bride-to-be’s reaction…stay tuned!
Have you had to design wedding invitations by yourself? Any tip you could share? We would love to hear from you!
- Top 3 Wedding Invitation Designs (localfountain.com)
- Locating Perfect Wedding Invitation Design Companies (londonweddinginvites.wordpress.com)
- Wedding Invitations: The Best Way to Show Off Your Personality (londonweddinginvites.wordpress.com)